This morning saw me making ladyfingers and a white chocolate mousse. I decided to try something new and made this Strawberry-White Chocolate Charlotte Aux Fraises. Just in time for my 29th month with Jee.
It might seem time-consuming but really, it wasn't! The ladyfingers took 30 minutes or less to whip up and were quickly done within 10 minutes. The mousse was done quickly too. Just pop it into the fridge and let it set for about 4 hours or overnight. The ladyfingers can be done 1-2 days in advance...that's if you don't finish them all! I like to eat them plain, or dipped in hot chocolate. Mmmmmmm what an awesome snack :)
Here's the basic steps to making this awesome Charlotte!
1. After making the ladyfingers, line and assemble them around the mold with your round ladyfinger at the bottom
2. Fill in with mousse
3. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Remove from mold.
4. Decorate with strawberries
5. Tie with a ribbon to give it a elegant look and you're done!
Ingredients for white chocolate mousse
320g white chocolate
4 eggs (separated)
1 ½ cups cream
1 tsp gelatine
1. Melt chocolate on a double boiler until smooth.
2. Once chocolate has cooled mix in egg yolks. Mix gelatine with 2 tsp hot water, mix until the gelatine is completely dissolved and add to chocolate mixture.
3. Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form, fold into chocolate mixture.
4. Whip cream until soft peaks form fold into chocolate mixture, refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is best) until set and ready to serve.
(for homemade ladyfingers)
I think this might be my new favorite thing to make! The tartness of the Korean strawberries compliment the smooth, sweet and milky taste of the white chocolate. It tastes just like strawberries and cream!
Definitely going to make it again. I mean, think of all the possibilities and combinations of flavors. Dark Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Mousse, Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream and the list goes on....